Booking a train ticket online on the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website can be a simple process, but for beginners, it may take a little bit of time to understand the process. Here is a detailed step-by-step guide:
Steps to book train tickets online on IRCTC with video
- Go to the IRCTC website (www.irctc.co.in) and create an account by clicking on the “Register” button. You will need to provide personal information such as your name, address, email address, mobile number and other details. This is important as you will require to verify your mobile number before you can proceed with the booking.
- Log in to your account using your username and password. Make sure you have entered the correct login credentials .If failed to do so will prevent you from accessing your account.
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Book Ticket” button and select the “Train Ticket” option. This will take you to the train booking page, where you will have to enter the details of your journey.
- On the train booking page, you will need to enter the origin and destination station, date of journey, and class of travel. The origin station is the station from where you want to start your journey. And the destination station is the station where you want to end your journey. Select the date of journey from the calendar and select the class of travel (AC1, AC2, AC3, Sleeper, etc.). Remember to carefully follow the steps to book train tickets online.
- Click on the “Search” button and a list of trains will be displayed. The list will show the train number, name, departure and arrival time, days of running and classes of service available. It is important to check the train number and name, departure and arrival time and the days of running before selecting the train.
- Select the train and coach of your choice and enter the passenger details. You will have to enter the name, age, and gender of all the passengers. Make sure that you enter the correct details as they will appear on the ticket.
- Review your booking details and proceed to pay using a debit/credit card, net banking, or UPI. You will required to enter the details of your card or bank account, and make the payment. After the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile number and email.
- You can also check the status of your booking by going to the ‘Booked Ticket History’ option under the ‘My Transactions’ menu and take a print out of the E-ticket.
Here is how ticket will Look like
It is important to note that you can book a train ticket on IRCTC up to 120 days in advance, and the booking opens at 10:00 am. Also, you can book a maximum of 6 tickets in one transaction. Following these steps will help you book your train ticket on IRCTC with ease.
1 thought on “How to book train tickets Online on IRCTC website Step-By-Step.”
Comments are closed.